Here are some of Jody's Awards, Achievements, Recognitions and more...
- Jody was Inducted into The Spirit of the Entrepreneur "WALL of FAME" by California State University San Bernardino and The Inland Center for Entrepreneurship. (April 2010)
- Recipient of "Woman of Achievement" award presented to Jody by the YWCA of Riverside County on September 17, 2009 at the Riverside Convention Center
- Recipient of “The Woman of the Year Award”. The award presented by the County of Riverside Board of Supervisors and the Commission for Women (April 2009)
- Recognized by the State of California Legislature and the City of Corona, “Woman of the Year Award” & Advocacy for the homeless. (May 2009)
- Recipient of “The Spirit of the Entrepreneur Award” Public Service-2007, presented by the Press Enterprise and Cal State University San Bernardino. (Nov.2007)
- Recognized by the City of Corona, Advocacy on behalf of the homeless in Corona. (Dec. 2006, May 2009 & Sept 2009)
- Keynote Speaker and Breakout Sessions Speaker at Murrieta Mesa High School "Leadership Retreat" KEYNOTE Topic: "Pursuing Purpose". BREAKOUT SESSIONS Topic: "Leadership...It's NOT about You!" (May 2010)
- Jody speaks at countless events throughout California with her favorite topic: “Overcoming, Purpose, Can-Do-Attitude & Destiny.”
- Featured speaker at “Empowerment Sunday, An Evening of Inspiration” presented by The Purpose Center International Ministries, Perris, CA (2009)
- Key Note Speaker, Corona Community Prayer Breakfast presented by Women’s Improvement Club Corona, topic “In God We Trust” (2009)
- Key Note Speaker and Panelist, County of Riverside and Commission for Women, “The Changing Face of the Homeless Conference” in 2007, as well as, testifying at public hearings on Women’s Issues in 2008. And at invitation, Jody has also spoken for other departments throughout the county as well. Department of Mental Health, and Department of Public Health (In-Service Trainings: PH & TANF Supervisors) and Department of Public Social Services.
- Jody was Riverside County's Liaison to J.P.A. MARCH Air Reserve Base; regarding homelessness and the three homeless shelters on the base. (2006 & 2007 & 2008)
- Coachella Valley Association of Governments (CVAG) in Palm Desert (2006 & 2007 & 2008)
- Jody spoke at the Office of Education for Riverside County (2005 & 2007)
- Soroptimist International recognized Jody when they honored Circle of Hope Family Shelter for “Advancing the Status of Women” (March 2006)
- Elected two times Co-Chair of the Riverside County Housing & Homeless Coalition, (2004 & 2006) and Continuum of Care Steering Committee, developing the overall “10 Year Plan” and strategy to end homelessness. (Adopted by the Board of Supervisor’s in October 2007)
- Guest Speaker & Panelist: speaking on “Giving and Receiving the Courage to Succeed” at Inland Empire Women’s Business Center & The City of Corona’s Women Business Partnership seminars. (2005)
- Speaker & Panelist: City of Riverside’s 1st Annual ‘Ethics & Aging Conference’ at California Baptist University, topic “Homeless & the Elderly.” (2006)
- “Housing & Homeless Ad Hoc Committee” for the cities of Perris, Corona & Riverside. (2005- 2009.
- Former Director, Homeless Task Force of Corona, which operates, Circle of Hope Shelter. (2004 – 2006)
- Jody is a Corona resident, and a member of such prominent community organizations as the Women’s Improvement Club of Corona, Board of Directors of CCLOA, and the Mayor’s Task Force on Racial Conflict & Youth Issues, which organized a youth rally called “Together 4 Unity.”
Some nice words....
"Jody is part of the solution
to our nation's problem of homelessness."
“Jody’s so humble, that she doesn’t really know how many lives
she touched over the years. She’s not only sheltered hundreds of families, but quite possibly thousands of homeless women and children.”
Linda Barrack, Director, Jewish Family Services of San Diego,
Coachella Valley S.O.S. Program.